Adult Learners’ Week (19 – 25 June 2017) is an annual campaign which celebrates and promotes adult learning opportunities. Now in over 55 countries worldwide, its intention in Wales is to signpost the huge variety of courses available to the adult learner, and to prompt adults across the country into returning to learning. Each year, over 10,000 adults in Wales participate in Adult Learners’ Week activities. This is achieved by working with a host of private and public organisations on the promotion of free taster events, local outreach activities and short courses.
Are you organising an event for Adult Learners’ Week? You can upload your event here, please contact email@example.com if you have any queries.
There will be plenty of ways you can get involved and we hope you’re already thinking about the inspirational learners, employers and projects you could nominate for an Inspire! Award, or different have a go events you could organise. Thank you for your incredible support for Adult Learners’ Week 2016! We enjoyed a fantastic campaign and as a result:
- There were a total of 300 have-a-go events with 10,300 participants
- 61% agreed that “as a result of Adult Learners’ Week/Festival of Learning I feel excited about learning”
- 51% of people agreed that “Adult Learners’ Week/Festival of Learning has given me more confidence”
- 58% of people agreed that “Parents who engage in leraning find that their children perform better at school”
- 59% intend on taking up learning in the next three years
Our Adult Learners’ Week 2016 video is still available to watch here.