The ninth month is when the Real Bread Campaign helps you to discover that: Life’s sweeter with sourdough!
It’s sweet to tweet about #SourdoughSeptember
Find sourdough (and other Real Bread):
- About Sourdough September
- How to get involved
- Promoting your event/activity
- Share your Sourdough September shenanigans
- What’s going on
- Our sourdough recipe book
- Raising dough to do good
- What is sourdough?
- Learn to bake sourdough Real Bread
- Where can I buy genuine sourdough Real Bread?
- Sourdough September logo and posters
- More about sourdough
- Create your own simple sourdough starter
- Get your mitts on someone else’s starter
- Is sourdough better than ‘normal’ yeast?
- Sourdough September in the media
- Artisan baker = packet mix user?
Since 2013, the ninth month of the year has when the Real Bread Campaign goes on a mission to help everyone discover that: life’s sweeter with sourdough!
The aims of #SourdoughSeptember are to:
- Share the delicious delights of genuine sourdough
- Encourage more people to bake genuine sourdough
- Celebrate the small, independent bakeries that bake genuine sourdough
- Alert people to the issue of sourfaux to help people avoid paying a premium for something that just isn’t genuine sourdough
- Encourage people to join and/or donate to the Real Bread Campaign
From 1-30 September, Real Bread bakers and other fermentalists worldwide are encouraged to organise their own local events and activities to help share sourdough secrets and demystify the delicious delights of the oldest way of raising a loaf.
Bakeries, baking schools, mills and other organisations/enterprises are encouraged to organise events/activities designed to meet one or more of the aims above in any way that works for them.
Here are some more ideas of activities bakeries, baking schools and others can organise:
- Run sourdough Real Bread or pizza classes
- Put on a Sourdough September special loaf
- Give away free pots of your sourdough starter to customers, along with a Real Bread recipe to make at home
- Add an optional donation (eg 50p-£1) to our charity onto customers’ bills – perhaps limit this to the special, other nominated sourdough loaf (or pizza), or the pots of starter
- Join forces with local brewers, charcutiers, picklers, cheese makers for a feast of fermentation
- Host a sourdough toast and tea morning
Once you decide, please ADD details to the Real Bread Campaign calendar
Whenever you refer to Real Bread Week (in print, online or social media, verbally, smoke signals etc) please remember to link back to this website or at least refer to the Real Bread Campaign. This especially goes for any businesses using our charity’s #SourdoughSeptember as a marketing opportunity!
Whatever you get up to, please share what you do!
- Add the details to the Real Bread calendar
- Tell people about it in person
- Put up posters
- Blog about it
- Contact local radio, TV, websites, papers – whatever media outlets you have round your way
- Post on social media using #sourdoughseptember. Please don’t forget to link to our website.
Real Bread Campaign supporters can login to download