The 10th July unites the nation for National Don’t Step on a Bee Day! This year we’re calling for your help to protect our precious bees.
The recent press surrounding the ‘Bee Crisis’ has been hard to ignore. Not only do our bees help provide the honey, propolis and beeswax contained within your favourite Bee Good products, they also help to keep us all fed and watered! Without the tireless work of our little buzzing friends, over a third of everything we eat would disappear from our tables.
What can you do?
This Don’t Step on a Bee Day, we urge you to help spread the message! We would love it if you could share the message with your audience on Facebook or Twitter and tag @BeeGood_UK or use #DontStepOnABeeDay to help raise awareness!
Please see below for our Top 5 Bee Care Tips to give you inspiration for Don’t Step on a Bee Day:
- Don’t step on a bee! (Of course)
- Support your local beekeeper! The majority of our honey here in the UK is imported (85%!), but with the wealth of bee keepers on our doorstep there is really no need. Support your local bee keeper by visiting a near-by farm shop or deli and enjoy their precious produce for breakfast on some warm buttered toast – yum!
- Plant your Bee Good labels! Our little tags that accompany all of your Bee Good product orders are impregnated with special wildflower seeds that bees simply can’t get enough of! Just soak the label for an hour and plant under an inch of soil and watch your wild meadow grow!
- Download the Great British Bee Count app.This wonderful app created by Friends of the Earth allows you to log the bees you spot out and about. This builds a picture of bee health and activity in the UK to secure a thriving future for our buzzing bees! You can find out more about the app here.
- Build a bee hotel! Did you know that bees need somewhere to rest when they venture out on their pollen mission? Get the kids involved and get building! You can find a step-by-step guide here.