National Teaching Assistants’ Day takes place on 16 September every year. The whole purpose of the event is to recognise the valuable contribution Teaching Assistants make to the education and support of school children across England and Wales.
Here are some facts about Teaching Assistants:
– Did you know that the number of Teaching Assistants in the UK increased from 71,800 in 2002 to 134,100 in 2011? – Wow!
– Teaching Assistants are appreciated by parents – and they can act as a bridge between home and school
– They are an extra pair of eyes in the classroom
– They are invaluable to teachers’ and they support teachers’ effectiveness
– And, where children have special needs – 43% of parents with autistic children want more Teaching Assistants.